When it comes makeup artistry, Suzie Wokabi defines this art form with skill, passion and excellence. Suzie Wokabi is an accomplished make-up artist with extensive industry experience. Her expertise covers all forms of make-up artistry – whether it is for print, TV/film/video, commercials, runway, or bridal.
Suzie studied International Relations whereupon she joined the fashion industry immediately after her college degree. She received training from MAC Cosmetics and a further certification in Media Make-up from Award Studio Make-up School in Los Angeles. She worked in New York since 2001 before returning home in 2007.
She is quickly becoming a force to reckon with in the local fashion and beauty industries. Some of her works have been featured in such publications as:
- True love
- Sophisticates Black Hair
Some of her career highlights include:
- Head Make-up Artist and Product Provider – Tusker Project Fame 2010
- Key Make-up Artist FAFA 2008, 2009 and 2010
- Key Make-up Artist for MNet’s The Patricia Show (and Patricia Amira’s personal make-up artist)
- Key Make-up Artist, Hub of Africa Fashion Week in Addis 2010
- Only Kenyan Make-up Artist in the 2009 Face of Africa bootcamp make-up team
- Key Make-up Artist and Stylist in the 2008 Idols East and Central Africa
- Key Make-up Artist, 2007 MNet Catwalk Kenya competition
Suzie is also the owner of SuzieBeauty Ltd., and has launched her own line of cosmetics.